SHiM® (Safety and Health in Motion) is an evidence-based Fall Prevention Program that is a collaborative partnership between Valley Assistance Services and the Green Valley Fire District.
Free home visits and assessments will promote your safety, provide you with information to help you prevent falls, encourage increased communication with your physician, and connect you to community resources.
SHiM® reaches out to senior residents in Green Valley and Sahuarita. RN Care Advocacy is available to help with other health concerns to keep individuals safe and independent at home.
A RN will visit you at home to:
- Review history of prior falls
- Help identify health conditions or other factors that increase fall risk
- Help identify vision and hearing concerns
- Schedule follow-up SHiM® appointment
- Provide you with exercise resources to fit your needs
- Promote a positive wellness focus
The GVFD Fire Corps volunteers will visit your home to look for:
- Assess lighting in all rooms and stairs
- Assess trip hazards, electrical and phone cords, household clutter, and rugs
- Check for uneven surfaces inside and outside your home
If you are interested in receiving additional information,
please click the button below and fill out the form.