The MAP program is Valley Assistance Services’ financial assistance program. A team of staff and volunteers creates individualized plans for each client to address their immediate needs and the causes of their financial instability. Clients work with the MAP team to implement a three-month stabilization plan, complete six hours of financial education, and work toward long-term financial goals.
- Resident in VAS’s service area (Sahuarita, Green Valley, Amado, Tubac, Carmen, Elephant Head, Arivaca, and adjacent rural areas)
- Meet income guidelines for assistance. These are dependent upon household size and other factors. Please call for more information.
Types of Assistance:
- Rent/Mortgage Assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Vouchers to the Country Fair White Elephant Thrift Store
- Resource Referrals and educational materials
- Workforce Training and Coaching
- Benefits Advocacy: AZ Self-Help; SNAP (food stamps), AHCCCS (Medicaid), Medicare Savings Plans, WIC, and TANF application assistance
*All assistance is dependent upon available funds and client eligibility.
*Assistance may be limited by VAS guidelines, or those of our funders.
*Completion of six hours of financial education is required to receive financial assistance
*Monetary Assistance is only available to persons living within VAS’s service area.
VAS is committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and intimidation. Reasonable accommodation is provided for translation services, and for sight and/or hearing impaired individuals.
If you are interested in receiving additional information,
please click the button below and fill out the form.